TIM HAMMOND, CFP®, CHFC®, MBA
The complexities and opportunities of personal finance require discipline, skill, and integrity to achieve and maintain financial success. To help families and individuals work toward their goals, I have trained and served in the financial industry in varying capacities since 2000, with a focus on comprehensive financial planning and wealth management since 2006.
As your dedicated advisor, I will diligently seek to truly know you and your objectives, working together to arrive at balanced, sensible solutions. I am professionally qualified to help you build and preserve your family’s wealth, goals, and legacy.
I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, Italy, and Utah, before settling in Arizona in 2004. I love spending time and making memories with my lovely wife and five children, serving in my church, and singing in choirs. Other pastimes include golf, skiing, flying, hiking/running, and rooting for BYU and the San Francisco Giants!
RETIREMENT INCOME: developing optimal strategies for social security, pensions, and investment distributions throughout the retirement journey.
INVESTMENT PLANNING: developing appropriate risk-based portfolios in a complex global environment. Investment strategies must be constantly monitored and adjusted as dynamic situations evolve.
TAX ANALYSIS: analyzing and understanding the tax consequences of various investment products, strategies, and distributions.
ESTATE/LEGACY PLANNING: discussing appropriate strategies to plan for and preserve your estate.
RISK MANAGEMENT/INSURANCE PLANNING: analyzing the appropriate amount and type of insurance protection throughout the journey.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX: MBA, Jul 2011
KAPLAN UNIVERSITY: Financial Planning Certificate, Jun 2009
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY: BA, College of Communications, Apr 2001
- FOCALPOINT WEALTH MANAGEMENT: Dec 2016 – Present
- USAA WEALTH MANAGEMENT: Jan 2010 – Dec 2016
Wealth Manager/Financial Planner
- BANKERS RETIREMENT SOLUTIONS: Jul – Dec 2009
- AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL: Sep 2006 – Jul 2009
- Member of Central Arizona Estate Planning Council
- Member of Delta Mu Delta – International Honor Society in Business
- Eagle Scout and Chartered Organization Executive of local troop
- Bishop/Leader of local church congregation
- CFP® – CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- ChFC® – Chartered Financial Consultant®
- CLU® – Chartered Life Underwriter®
- AEP® – Accredited Estate Planner®
- State – life and health insurances licenses
- Holds FINRA Series 6, 7, 63, & 65 registrations through LPL Financial.
- Licensed to work in AZ, TX